Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sagen Synonyms

I know this is a problem a lot of English teachers face... having students write fluently, which means not everything is "he said" or "she said."  We go out of our way to show our students how to write in English with a variety of vocabulary, but it's something we often neglect in the Target Language.

I found this image a while back, no idea where:


It's a cute reference chart that I liked.  I finally got around to making a German one based on it:
Hopefully this will work as a good reference chart for students - they'll have visuals and the English definition.  I plan on using this with German 2 students.  I have other versions of the same chart that I think would work well with upper level students:
Version 2: Students have German verb and visual clue, must come up with definition
Version 3: Students have only the German verb, must come up with definition AND visual representation
Admittedly, I have not done a lot of creative writing in German so these may not be the best ways to express some of the situations I was looking for - if you'd recommend any changes, let me know!

If you're interested in downloading all three charts, they're available for free on TPT - just click here.

- Frau Leonard

2 comments:

  1. great post. I'm always looking for ways to take the language deeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had made this chart earlier - I'm hoping it'll encourage students to branch out with vocabulary!

      Delete